Re: Postgresql Install Problems and Mac OS X

От M. Bastin
Тема Re: Postgresql Install Problems and Mac OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi Lola,

Note that on Marc Liyanage's page there is a link for
troubleshooting.  If you follow it you'll find instructions on how to
set some system parameters on Mac OS X if this is the particular
problem you're having.

You may always repeat the procedure Marc Liyanage describes until you
get it right (if you're the cause ;-), it can't do harm.

I'm working on a GUI double-clickable PostgreSQL installer for OS X
but this project is not a top priority right now for me.  When it's
done I'll let the list know.

OS X is great for PostgreSQL.  I've been running 7.3 on Jaguar and
now I have 7.4 on Panther, all installed with Marc Liyanages packages.

Cheers,

Marc

PS: for some pgsql tools for OS X look at http://aliacta.com/products.

At 3:56 PM -0500 3/6/04, Tom Lane wrote:
>Lola Lee <lola@his.com> writes:
>>  Anyone here know anything about running Postgresql on the OS X
>>  platform?
>
>It works fine (I use it regularly).
>
>>  Computer:~ postgres$ /usr/local/bin/createdb test
>>  createdb: could not connect to database template1: could not connect
>>  to server: No such file or directory
>>           Is the server running locally and accepting
>>           connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
>
>>  Yes, server is running
>
>Evidently not.  You'll need to go find out why it didn't start.
>One likely possibility is that shared_buffers and related parameters
>are set too high --- by default, OS X has a pretty tight limit on
>the size of shared-memory requests, and it's easy to exceed it.
>
>>  I'm using the Liyange package from http://www.entropy.ch, if this helps.
>
>I don't know where that package puts the postmaster's error output,
>but that is what you should look for.
>
>            regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Install Problems and Mac OS X
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Install Problems and Mac OS X